National Coarse (UNC) Combined Drill & Taps
UNC (Unified National Coarse) HSS Combined Drill & Taps
- Combined drill and taps are designed to perform two operations in one pass.
- Significantly increases part throughput in production runs.
- Drill designed with a split point, which eliminates a center-drilling/punching operation.
- Available as popular specials in inch, metric and pipe sizes; blueprint specials to exact specifications also available.
- Specify Combined drill and taps for unmatched savings and increased production, with tight tolerances.
- For use on through-hole applications only.
- Drill point must break through part prior to threading.
- Stock Combined drill and taps are designed to drill and tap 'through-holes' up to 2X the nominal diameter.
- Spindle speeds should be set at normal speed for tapping specific material being machined; as with any tapping operation, a reversing spindle is required.
Don't forget to use a good cutting lubricant, such as our trefolex paste